This delivery truck is empty!ADD SOME PRODUCTS
We Don't Deliver to Your Area Yet..
We Deliver to Your Area!
Tomato and Zaatar Sauce
Middle Eastern Inspired
A blend of tomatoes, herbs and spices like zaatar and sumac, this is our ‘uplifting’ sauce that adds a delicious zing to veggies like eggplants, zucchini, squash, kohlrabi and cauliflower.
Throw in some cooked plant proteins like garbanzo beans to make a satisfying main dish. Enjoy with a side of rice, quinoa, couscous, pita, or a hunk of crusty bread.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 medium onion, white or yellow, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 jar of DIY Delish Tomato & Zaatar simmer sauce
- 3-6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- OPTIONAL-- Handful of chopped greens, spinach/ swiss chard/ kale
- OPTIONAL—Crumbled feta or goat cheese/ Pita bread
- In a large skillet, heat oil and sauté bell pepper & onion, until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the chopped greens & cook until the greens are soft & wilted.
- Pour in the DIY simmer sauce, and let it cook until it starts to simmer.
- Using a large spoon, make wells in your tomato sauce and crack the eggs in each well. (Depending on how big your skillet is, you can use more or less eggs)
- Cover the pan and cook until the eggs are done to your likeness.
- Garnish with cilantro and chopped parsley.
Add cheese if you please and scoop that food into your mouth with some pita bread!
Tomato & Zaatar Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 15 oz canned or cooked black beans
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 box of rice
- ½ pound of ground meat (mix it up with ground chicken or turkey)
- 3 bell peppers, tops & cores removed, sliced in half long ways
- 1 jar of DIY Delish Tomato & Zaatar sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small pan, cook rice according to package instructions. In another pan, heat up oil and cook chopped onion until it becomes translucent and soft.
- Add meats and cook thoroughly, discarding any grease.
- Stir in black beans until there is no liquid present.
- Stir in DIY delish sauce and cook until simmering.
- Place sliced bell peppers open side up in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, add cooked rice, meat and sauce mixture and top with cheese. Cover baking dish with foil and cook until peppers are tender, about 20-25 minutes. Uncover and broil cheese until it gets bubbly and crispy to your likeness. Garnish with parsley.
- 1 Butternut squash
- 1 cup cooked or canned chickpeas
- ½ cup quinoa cooked/pearl couscous cooked
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 large handful fresh spinach, chopped
- 2/3 jar diy delish tomato & zaatar sauce
Stuffed Butternut Squash
- Preheat oven to 425. Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and put both pieces on lined baking sheet, cut side up.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes (depending on size) until its tender enough for a fork to pierce through it.
- Finely dice garlic and sauté on medium heat for a minute, add chickpeas, spinach, quinoa/pearl couscous and mix well.
- Add 2/3 of the Tomato and Zaatar jar into the pan.
- When butternut squash is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- Stuff with the chickpea mixture and sprinkle some pomegranate seeds before serving.
Serve with pita bread or chips.